Saturday, August 21, 2021

Game night

I was really looking forward to the first game of the season. I love to hear the band and it was amazing to get our first peek at the new show. 

Also it’s a fun activity to go to. We have lots of band parent friends and staff member friends to say hi to. By half time the sun is setting and the weather cools down a little. The next 3 months will be all band all the time and by the end I’ll be glad it’s done (If history repeats Grace will not be glad she loves it all) but for now our enthusiasm is fresh and we had a fun night!

Rob mostly works from home now, going into the office only when he has to and I am gone all the time. This is a 180 flip for us! He is much more cautious about Covid than I am, although we are both immunized and I wear the mask at work and in public unless I’m outside. I think he does too. We have now known a lot of people who have been sick, some very very sick and we’ve known of people who have died. I would say this definitely qualifies as fulfillment of prophesy. Plagues and all that. We watch carefully for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again. Of course I don’t know when it will be but I our world is in turmoil and I can not wait.

In other world news ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ซ Afghanistan is a huge mess. I feel so sad for those people who are now living a nightmare. I also feel so bad for the troops who have spent so much time and shed so much blood there and now it’s for naught. I pray for peace in our world, I don’t think there is much chance of it happening until the Prince of Peace returns but I’m going to keep praying. It’s all I can do, and I don’t know the mind and will of the Lord, or His timing and maybe we can have a season of peace ahead of us. 

Today Grace has a lesson, we are going to Ethan Cole’s baptism, the cats are in charge of the laundry ๐Ÿงบ (lol I wish!), we have a trip to Costco to make, some lesson planning to do and then maybe a date night. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment