Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday

We had really great speakers at church today. Bro and Sister Hill, who are new, spoke about personal revelation. They both gave interesting and relevant talks. We had a visiting area authority (Elder Amato) and they gave him some time at the end. He was amazing. The power in the room was palpable and I loved his talk. He spoke about how God is a god of miracles. He said 4 years ago he was at work and got a call from Elder Ballard asking him and his wife to be mission President in Lima. He does not speak (did not speak) Spanish. Now he does. Anyway he talked about the miracles he saw on the mission. The spirit was palpable. We also sang “I’ll go where you want me to go”, I thought of Ethan serving in SLC and how happy Heavenly Father is with him going on a mission and going wherever He asks.
He quoted President Nelson “obedience brings success, exact obedience brings miracles”. I loved that. We have definitely seen miracles in our lives haven’t we? 
Me, Andrea, Yoho all surviving cancer. 
Anna living and getting her colon out and then after being married 10 years finally having Joneaux. Do you remember that miracle story? Sierra. Definitely miracle category. Also I had hospital room miracles while she was healing…and other miracles when the spirit has taught me and I have learned important lessons throughout my life. Looking for the miracles in our lives is so important. The Lord wants us to treasure up the experiences we have and to let them strengthen us.
I am in Moroni (again) and just finished reading about the destruction of the jaredites, I thought how we are living in parallel times. If only the people had remembered their God and all He did for them. If only we will. 

 Rob likes our cats. They also like him so that works out. 
Work goes well. Here’s three of my students enjoying some alternative seating. I try to have lots of rewards for good behavior and alternative seats is one of them. 
I have had a lot of kids out of class this week. One class period had 3 kids in it! Covid is a nightmare. I don’t know when or how it will end but I am praying that it does. 

Covid, Afghanistan, Hurricane Ida, the top of the list but just the tip of the iceberg of challenges we are facing. I’m grateful for an eternal perspective.

Yesterday Grace spent the day at UCF at an All State clinic. 

Tonight I tried to make Cafe Rio salad. It didn’t taste like it at all, it was good but not the same. We also brought it to a lady in our ward who has Covid. Maybe she won’t taste it🤣or maybe she’s never had the original so there’s that!

No comments:

Post a Comment