Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Classroom preparation

So it’s been three long days of classroom set up, learning programs, looking at curriculum, and going to meetings. Tomorrow will be even longer, it’s meet the teacher night and we will be there from 8:45am to 8pm. 

It’s been good so far, of course we haven’t had students yet. I am disappointed that we don’t get to do very much reading, which just seems wrong for a language arts class. But again we haven’t really started so I’m reserving judgement. In the meantime I have been reading through the 6th grade list of suggested books and so far they’ve been great. I read “Out of My Mind”, which I liked but it was sad. And now I’m reading “SpaceCase” which is funny and interesting. (By read I mean listening to an audio book.) I listen to and from work and the time goes quickly. It’s about these people who live at a NASA moon colony and there is a murder there of one of the top scientists. Only two 12 year old kids think it was foul play. I actually am looking forward to the drive tomorrow so I can find out what happens next.


 We got our family pictures back. They turned out nicely and I am glad to have them. It’s fun to have an ever growing family!

Last night for YW Julie Hinton came and taught a class on time management. She did a great job and the girls who can enjoyed it and learned a lot. We don’t have a very good turn out most of the time.  Last night we had 5 girls. Hopefully it will pick up since this is the last week of summer.

Bishop Cole has had Covid. He was sick for 2 weeks and really felt terrible and missed work and everything. His whole family got it at the same time. Katty’s parents live with them and they were hospitalized. Well, he barely got better when he had a horrible pain in his back and shoulder and it turned out that he had blood clots in his lungs and double pneumonia, as a complication of Covid. He was in the hospital for that. We fasted and prayed for him & his family, as did many people in the ward. 

Now he is home and recovering. His prognosis is good but that was quite a scare. We have had several families with Covid this past month. 

I am really sad it’s still here and having an uptick in cases. The disease is a bad one and lots of  people are really suffering and some even dying from it; just as bad are the social and economic consequences of how it’s being handled.

I talked with Sierra yesterday. She sounds good and reports that she’s feeling good. What a blessing. I still pray for her every night, one with thanks to God for sparing her and secondly asking for her continued recovery and protection. The power of prayer in our lives is real. I know it and I am grateful for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment