Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Busy days

 

First day of middle school for our big girl Tatum! Also today is her 12th birthday! So exciting!
The night before school dinner. These munchkins are the best!
Ezra and Hannah are so sweet. 


For mutual we had a combined activity. We were going to play human battleship in the gym but it turns out that the Horizon West Ward is also using the building on Wednesday nights (we thought they had Tuesday), and also planned to use the gym. So we moved to a nearby park and swapped out the tennis-ball torpedos to water balloons. It turned out to be even more fun. A couple little boys were at the park with their mom and came to ask if they could play. We said yes and they had a blast! Kristina and the Bishop (our two sickies) ended up chatting with her and gave her a Book of Mormon. 
After the activity Lettie and Grace came here to swim. 

I used to be a big time waster. But since teaching full time I have definitely turned over a new leaf (since I have no choice).
Today I barely wasted a minute. I got up, showered, got ready to go to work and left.  (6:45-7:15). I drove through Dunkin and got a pumpkin muffin and strawberry refresher. 
While I drove and ate I listened to the BOM. I am enjoying hearing it read aloud this way. I haven’t listened to it before and it’s a different perspective. (7:15-8:20). Then heigh ho heigh ho. Work work work. (8:20-4:10). On the drive home I listened to Crenshaw. 
Once home I made dinner, ate with Rob and Grace, cleaned the kitchen, filled up 264 water balloons (one popped), went to mutual, came home and showered (again…life in Florida is sweaty), made dinner for tomorrow so Grace can cook it and eat before practice tomorrow and we can eat after we get home from work. (I don’t normally do that FYI, but she wanted chicken enchiladas so …). Lastly laundry and finally time to waste! Gilmore Girls until 10.

Rob and Grace are also very busy. Since I have started working Rob has started doing some laundry, cleaning the kitchen almost every night, and he’s been doing more cooking. He’s always been our griller, but he’s been branching out to new things recently. Grace is extremely busy. As are all highschoolers. One thing that is different for Grace is she wakes herself up for seminary. The other five kids I woke them up all through high school. I don’t know how it happened but this year I didn’t get up, and she did. Now she listens for her alarm and gets up every morning on her own. This saves me a lot of time in the morning; although I miss seeing her cute face I think it’s good. She’s got band and her animals to take care of, she’s in the class presidency at church and leadership at band, she also has lots of friends. I am happy for her that she gets to go to the same high school throughout (probably). Jenna, Hannah and Ethan didn’t, they all moved before their jr year to a new state and that was really hard. 

Well anyway. There you have it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment