Thursday, September 16, 2021

Dilemma

 Go to sleep on time so I can go to work tomorrow or stay up late so I can be awake and not working. It’s a dilemma. I was telling Rob that there are things I like about teaching, and things I don’t. One of the big ones I don’t is I miss being in my house, during the day. There is always, always something to do. I like my kids, even 7th period (which is the worst, and that is not hyperbole they really are). Some things are so frustrating, some of the kids are really low..and dare I say it kind of dumb. I am always patient and kind but in my head I can not believe how difficult it is for my low babies to do, well really anything. Teaching the advanced classes is a lot of fun. Teaching the regular kids or the low kids who try is also fun. Standing in front of the ones who won’t or don’t try, and can’t or won’t do the work and saying things in Charlie Brown teacher fashion to them is a lesson in patience. 

Grace and I have been online homecoming dance dress shopping. The dance is at Sea World (how fun is that!?) Finding a time when we are both home is near impossible. Grace’s schedule is super busy and she’s gone most evenings with band so online has been the way to go. 

Wednesday night we went to the park for mutual. The Baron’s brought a giant cake for Michael’s 16th birthday so that was a fun surprise!

Our sweet friend, and Ethan’s seminary teacher, from CA died this week. I am sad for her family, she was a wonderful lady and I know she will be very missed.

Two brothers who go to Boswell were in a head on collision and they both died yesterday. I was very sad to hear that. This life is full of grief and pain. I’m sad for their families and friends. I am so grateful that Sierra survived her terrible accident. I am also so grateful that no matter the outcome of the tragedies of life Jesus is there and makes up all the difference. People casually say “thank God” whenever it strikes them but in this case it really applies and I am offering up all my gratitude and all my thanks and praise at all times for all He has done and continues to do for His children. 

Tomorrow we start small groups. I hope that goes well, I have my reservations. Tomorrow night is an away football game and I am a chaperone, I’m looking forward to that. 

It rained a lot today.

Grace has been having  lot of pain lately :(

And now I stayed up late and need to go to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment