Wednesday, September 1, 2021

As planned 🤣

Life never goes as planned. Just throwing that out there. My plan for the mornings is get up, pray, get ready for the day, listen to the BOM on the drive to work and then work (obviously). Today I got to work and got to my desk when I saw this picture on my phone and realized I forgot step 1. Luckily I had time before class was going to start so I prayed then. I believe that Heavenly Father is disappointed in me when I forget. I know He is there and hears and answers my prayers, since I know this if I don’t do it it slides into the category of sins I need to repent of. I was grateful for the gentle reminder. 
These two had their first ballet class today! How cute is that?!!

3rd period, right after lunch, I was standing at my door greeting the kids as they came in. It’s typically a rowdy time of day, they have just eaten and are energized that time of day. (7th period is also rowdy…everyone is ready to go home!) Anyway Ms Ius (the API) came up and said mind if I visit? Then I had a surprise “informal” observation. I had no idea but fortunately  I had a fun lesson planned and the kids enjoyed it. We talked about theme since we were starting our fable study. I then introduced fables and gave the kids sentence strips to play literature  tea party to guess what the fable we would read would be about. It involved jazz music, a steaming tea cup scene in the smart board, and walking around the room sharing sentences and coming up with ideas. The kids were into it. Then we gathered back to our seats to hypothesize and read the fable. 

I got a good review. Phew!

Tonight for YW we had pizza and planning. We only hold planning activities once a year so the girls had fun coming up with lots of ideas. Laurie did a great job preparing for the evening.


 Ezra is going to be a lobster for Halloween! He took his costume for a test drive and he looks so cute!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment