Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Zzzz

I ordered some books for my classroom. They were super cheap and I needed them. Teaching 6th grade is a lot of fun and a lot of work and sometimes discouraging. Yesterday we read Jabberwocky and they loved it! It was fun deciding what things meant and also to hear their rationales for if they thought words had positive or negative connotations . For example this line: “He took his vorpal sword in hand;” the kids thought vorpal probably meant sharp and some said that was negative because you could hurt someone or cut yourself waving it around and others said if they were fighting a dragon they’d want a sharp weapon so it was positive. I accepted both answers and enjoyed the discussion. 
We talk about lots of hard things, but then life is really hard so I guess there’s no getting around it and discussing literature is a safe way to process those things.

Sometimes though they are the biggest stinkers!



 Last night we chatted with Bub. I took a picture of us listening to Sawyer tell about his day. He has some gross stories! He is liking his job, which is awesome!

We stayed up way too late talking and today I was really tired. I’m excited to go to bed!

A girl at Grace’s school died this weekend. Jessica Yee’s brother died this weekend. Hard things just pile up all around and all the time. 

I am grateful for the peace the gospel brings and the assurance that the trials of this life are not the end. But it’s hard none the less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment