Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor day

Nothing like a Monday off to make one happy:)

We were going to go to the beach but Jon got his new boat and asked Rob to go fishing. Of course he wanted to go so I said to go. 

It was a hot long day on the water. I guess the boat was fun but the fish weren’t biting. 

Meanwhile Grace had Loki. We went to run a couple of errands and then walked around disney springs. She had homework and I had lesson plans and sub plans to make so we only stayed a couple hours and then we came home. 

I have always enjoyed being home. Especially now I feel like I rarely am and I welcome it. There are always chores to do, books to read, things to bake. 

I sat outside this evening with my book and enjoyed the more moderate weather. I like listening to the bugs and frogs and the dinosaur like calls of the sandhill cranes at dusk. I like watching the lizards climbing on the screen and putting my feet in the cool water. 

Ethan hurt his ankle this week. It is a repeat injury. He said it doesn’t hurt to walk on so even though it looks bad it’s probably okay. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment