Sunday, July 31, 2022

Last weekend of summer


 Saturday Grace went to Cayley’s and got her hair done. After we went to a new pizza place that we’ve been watching being built for ever. It was pretty good. 

Today the YW presidency spoke in sacrament meeting. I think it went well. Nicole and Ann are amazing and I loved their talks. 

Rob and I talk on the phone a lot. I think we actually have been talking more than we ever have. Of course when we were first dating and getting to know each other we talked a lot. He more than me. He is much more talkative than I am. Then we had decades where we talked a lot but we were busy with kids and callings, chores and hobbies, jobs and family. These last few months we don’t see each other and are both sometimes bored. In the summer I don’t work and my calling is light. He doesn’t have a calling in MD yet. Our kids are grown except for Grace and she is busy. We miss each other. We had our 24th wedding anniversary last month. That’s a long time to live with someone, to share a life, to grow and to work together, to disagree and compromise and move forward, to laugh together and plan together and watch TV together and pack up everything to move across the country together again and again. We are used to being together and it’s weird to live apart.  So we talk a lot lot. Him more than me, he’s still more talkative ;)

Ethan got to talk to us a couple of times this weekend. We were filling out his FAFSA but still it’s fun to chat for a minute. 

I have one more day of summer left. Tomorrow. Then it’s back to work. Heigh ho Heigh ho!

Also it’s official I’m a crazy cat lady. Idk how many cat pictures I send to Rob each day but definitely enough to qualify. 

No comments:

Post a Comment