Monday, September 11, 2023

Monday

What a fun day! In the morning we painted Halloween decorations and Tal sent the girls these cute bracelet kits that she made so we also made bead bracelets. 


During school Clayton and Jenna and I went to Cubby's for lunch.


After school we stopped at the barn and ate ice cream and apple cider donuts.  Very yummy and fun.
While we were cooking dinner Sierra came over and she stayed and hung out with us for a while.
Right after dinner Penny called and said she and Dani were going shopping so she could spend her birthday money and did I want to go with her.  I did. 
We went back to Dani's house after and then everyone went to watch the boys play softball. It was fun to watch, and they lost two games back-to-back.
My greatest joy is spending time with the people I love. I am so very lucky that they like to spend time with me too.  Everyone wants my time, and I am delighted to give it and don't take that privilege for granted. 

Cora told me that when she is a grown-up she is going to make it so I live with her, and we can always be together. 
Relationships are the most precious things we have. I know exactly why that is the greatest blessing we can receive in the eternities because there is nothing better here on earth. And the thing is I love so far away and mkss the day to day so much; when I am here and get to particiapte and am welcomed in with enthusiasm it is such a gift.
On another note, I read a perspective today that I appreciated. A mom I knew in Texas said she is not an empty nester; she is a bird launcher, and she is proud and happy to see her children fly.  Me too. 


 
Ethan's been looking forward to being on the family softball team for a while now. I'm glad he gets to play with everyone ...even if they kind of stink.  
Silly squishmallow costume at Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment