Monday, November 13, 2023

weekend

 I am grateful for weekends.  We enjoy sleeping in.  Rob and I crack me up.  We are the poster children for opposites attract. Sleeping in means I normally wake up an hour or two before he does.  I also go to sleep several hours before him when we have no schedule. Early bird marries night owl.  I am easy going and he plans for every contingency (no matter how remote). He is a math person and has a good memory. I have early onset Alzheimer's and can't math. I love cities and crowds and Disney. He loves the woods, and no traffic and not going to Disney. I like to be warm he likes to be cold. He is a great swimmer, and I don't like to put my face in the water. He thinks I'm cheap and I think he is a serial hobbyist who spends lots of money on said hobbies, but the truth is we both like to spend, just on different things. I love to travel, he does not. He is messy, I am way less so. He is an only child, my family is "big fat Greek wedding" crazy. So here we are! But it works because we have been together for 26 years💗



Saturday we ran errands. Ohio State played football in the evening and Rob watched. Sunday we had some of his work friends over for dinner. That went well.  We had a pleasant evening. Quinn called and he and Rob had a nice chat, which was great. I am very grateful for the good friends we have made in the different places we have lived. It's always awesome to reconnect. 

I went out with the sisters after church. It's really fun to be able to work closely with the missionaries in our ward. They are awesome young people. I am really glad that Ethan, Chris, Greg, Clayton and Sawyer served missions. Serving God full time for 2 years changes a person for the better, and those 5 sons of mine are good, good men. 

We got a picture of Ziva this weekend with her family. I miss her a lot but was really happy to see her and to know she is loved and doing well. I was grateful for that moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment