Friday, May 29, 2020

1 Nephi 6

take away: write the things that are pleasing to God.

And you could extrapolate: talk of things that are pleasing to God, think of things that are pleasing to Him, do things that are pleasing to Him, in all aspects of life have that be your focus.

When I was a girl I wished I could grow up to be a nun.  I wanted to spend all my life serving God. I wanted to work out with the people, where they were poor and to help them.  I didn't know this term but I definitely wanted to be "the bride of Christ".   Of course I wasn't catholic so that is problem #1. Also our understanding of our purpose in life is much bigger than that.  We are privileged to come to Earth, get  a body, and to become like God.  Motherhood and marriage are a holy, sacred part of that process and one that I am so grateful to be able to participate in.  I know that not everyone who desires that gets blessed with it in this lifetime, I also know that our loving Heavenly Father withholds no good gift from His righteous children and He will recompense our losses in the eternities. But for me I have been able to walk that path.  I have 6 beautiful children who are my joy.  I have married two men and have learned a lot from each of those marriages.  I look forward to an eternity of joy with my husband and our posterity, and with my parents and siblings and ancestors.  Those relationships are the foundation of who I am.  I believe family relationships are the most rewarding and the most difficult of all our human interactions.  It is easy to serve strangers, sometimes it is much harder to serve the people we live with.  Dad told me that the most Christlike service we would ever give was in our own families.  We extend grace and mercy when we forgive the inevitable trespasses and wrongs that happen.  We lift our family members as we grow together, share together, fight and then forgive each other, and learn to think kindly and act kindly with each other. That process pleases God.
Also how cute are these grandchildren of mine!!  Dani took them all to the reservoir yesterday and they had a fun day!  Tatum did say it was too hot, just wait until she arrives in Florida in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment