Saturday, May 30, 2020

dystopia

Our life is so surreal right now.  2020 has been a year of terrible things.
-Australia was on fire...is it out? I haven't even heard.
-the whole sperm donor thing...which really has been so crazy and upsetting in weird and unexpected ways.  Grace is now convinced that she is adopted or was switched at birth because she looks like Anna and Kenz and not like me and her siblings.  Also I have had a number of conversations with people who have faced similar situations and I believe complete transparency is the way to go.  But we all love our secrets don't we? (rhetorical)
-Andrea's health issues.  We have all been worried about her and are so grateful that her cancer has not returned.
-Covid 19 and the subsequent lock down of the nation whole world, shut down of the economy, and fire storm of conflicting expert advice, rise in unemployment, domestic violence, suicide, disruption of lives, loss of lives, loss of freedoms.
-Michael's struggles with addiction and joblessness and the sadness it brings to each of us who love him. 
-murder hornets
- and now racial tension is spiking.  George Lloyd's murder was terrible and senseless. 

With the hot summer months coming up I fear this is a the perfect recipe for disaster. People are bored, hot, not trusting of each other and have a lot of time on their hands.  I pray things settle down and that we've seen the end of the terrible times.
Which means I am praying that the Savior comes again quickly.
In more cheerful news Dani posted this cute photo last month.  Happy memories.  Also I look thin (which I am not) but maybe I could be?  talk about addictions! (head shakes sadly)

Yesterday Rob and I went on a date.  One of our stops was Ollies and I bought that cute red table cloth.  It's summery and fun!

We had book club last night and I really enjoyed seeing everyone and our talk.  We read "we crossed a bridge and it trembled" voices from Syria.  It was tragic and eye opening and our discussion was meaningful and important.

Today SpaceX is scheduled to launch.  It was scrubbed earlier in the week due to weather issues.  I hope it will go up today and I hope we will see it!

Also I think I'm not going to actually comment on  the whole Book of Mormon.  I am going to read it this summer, and maybe I'll mention thoughts I have from time to time but not each chapter. What was I thinking?


No comments:

Post a Comment