Friday, May 22, 2020

Friday night

Ethan is healing well, not nearly as quickly as he would like though. He has chipmunk cheeks and can’t eat anything hard. This weekend the priests are going to the beach with Zach’s parents and we were hopeful that E could go. Sadly he isn’t ready for that kind of fun:(. I did suggest we plan a similar outing for his birthday, and I was a little surprised but he didn’t say no, so maybe that will work out!  He’ll be 18 in one month so we can plan something if he wants.

Tonight Rob and I had our first date night since quarantine started. Disney Springs had a partial opening and we decided to go. Masks are required. So a couple things:
1. It was so fun to go out!
2. One of my favorite restaurants, the Polite Pig, was open and I had read they had a new menu item, Shrimp and Grits. We went there and I had that, and it was as good as I had hoped. Plus I had the Brussels sprouts, which are my favorite, and Diet Coke.  Yumm Yumm. 
3. It rained and was really empty and everyone had masks on so that was strange. 
4. Rob complained. 
*There are many, varied, and divisive opinions on the whole pandemic. Honestly I don’t know. Experts give contradictory counsel. Facts seem to be interpreted thru widely different lenses and people have strong opinions and fears (that are valid) on all sides of the debates. I know a few things a) God is in charge and therefore it will be okay. b) the prophet said to shelter and to pause and to be home and I follow him. c) now that we can go out we should be kind. If you want to wear a mask do, if you don’t and the place you are going doesn’t require it..then don’t. d) I don’t like wearing masks but I did want to go to DS (where they are required). So I had a choice. I could not wear a mask and go somewhere else (a good and fine choice) or I could go there and abide by their rules (also a fine choice) I was not forced to go, or not to go, or to wear a mask or not. Obviously we went and I enjoyed our outing. It’s not like pre-pandemic and I don’t know if it ever will be. I don’t know. I do know we have to stop attacking each other and feeling superior in our opinions.  A little kindness is easy to muster and goes a long way. 

This dog is as big as his girl. She spends her time playing the clarinet, finishing school and helping others with school and clarinet on FaceTime. 

Dani is enjoying school and it’s so fun to hear about her classes and her work. I can’t wait to see this dude! We sent him a little gift bag since he doesn’t get to fly here with the girls next month.

When I was driving home from work today I was talking to Hannah and she told me that she was outside watching Yoshi frolicking in the sprinklers only I thought she said she and Yoshi were...which made a funny picture in my head. After I got home I quickly drew it for her and texted it so we could laugh about it. Also great news the doctor thing worked out and she’s now happy with the care she is getting!  Yay!!

With no students at school we have some free time each day. Today I looked up Russian Impressionist art (as one would) and spent a lot of time looking at it. I really enjoyed some of it. Nikolai Bogdanov-Belsky was my fav of the day. This picture reminded me of chaperoning Ethan’s class trip to Elms Beach where we were supposed to keep the kids dry and my whole group “fell in the water” lol.


I also listened to a podcast about Mary Magdalene that was super interesting and read Joseph and Emma Smith’s patriarchal blessings on line and looked up recipes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment