Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day

Today was a nice mother's day.  I do miss going to church on Sunday but home church is also nice.  This morning I was the first one up.  The dogs and I went on a walk.  We were expecting rain for the whole day and while it wasn't raining while we walked you could tell it was coming.  When I got home I sat in the backyard for a long time enjoying the morning. 

Sierra made me delicious paleo banana pancakes for breakfast. 
The girls got me an artisan pitcher and glasses set that I wanted and Ethan drew me a beautiful jelly fish picture.  I talked to all the kids and there were texts going back and forth between my sisters and SILs and moms and even some friends who are moms.  

Our ward made several very nice videos that they sent out.  One was a virtual choir of moms and primary children.  They sang "Mother, Tell Me A Story" and it was so beautiful.  The youth made a very nice video too.  Both Ethan and Grace participated and that was very special.  Kayla Bushman, our primary president, recorded a message.  All of those things really made mothers day nice.

Rob and Sierra made dinner and our day was pleasant and calm.  We did Come Follow Me and went to bed early.

Being a mother is my favorite.  It means the world to me and brings me such joy and happiness.  I have always loved being a mom.  There were hard times of course, and times that felt overwhelming and tedious but I can honestly say I have loved it.  The only thing better is being a grandmother and that's because you get to do that with your daughters!  No one loves babies and kids more than moms and grandmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment