Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Misc

I went back to work today. I’ve been working from home and now we are back at school. Some people are very upset and feel at risk. I’ve seen on the internet this saying “we are all in the same boat, but we are sailing different seas...be kind”. This is so very true. For me it’s been a relatively okay journey. We are both employed, all our family is healthy, we spruced up our home, Sierra and I have been able to spend a lot of time together, I’ve enjoyed a lazy schedule with few pressures.  I know there are others who have lost jobs, been sick -either with Covid or with other health issues and for whom this has been life altering in all the worst ways.  I continue to pray that the Lord will be mindful of us, that His hand will guide us and that our lives will return to "normal" again.  I am delighted to see missionaries being reassigned.  Spencer is heading to Oklahoma next month.  It is  a temporary assignment until the DR opens again, and for now, and if it it ends up being the rest of his mission or not, we are thrilled about this good news!

Hannah had a photography assignment and she took some of the coolest pictures.  These are Sawyer's hands.  He was holding a water balloon and popped it, she took the shot right while it looked like a ball of water in his hands.  She is very talented and creative.  I hope she gets a job that will be really rewarding for her and use her many skills.  I can't believe she is graduating this year! She also finally found a doctor in CA.  This has been stressful, as you can imagine.  Moving in your third trimester, not being able to get into a doctor, having your first baby, it's a lot.  She and Sawyer are doing well and enjoying being with Brian and Tami and I am very grateful that they are there and happy.
One of my favorite quarantine activities remains the QH Ward VPM.  Last night was the Crawley's turn.  First Brian gave a very nice thought from Come Follow Me.  Then Sawyer did a little zoo talk about tortoises.  It was informative and fun.  I think he should go to zoo keeper school (in Florida) or vet school (in Florida). And then work at Disney World's Animal Kingdom. I don't actually get a vote but I'm just sayin'.
Fishing has been good:)
Sierra had a friend over today.  Grace and I played one round of Skip-bo with them.  
Tonight we had Zoom mutual.  The Bishopric did a nice meeting on family history and now the youth have a challenge to index one batch this month.  Maybe we will do that on Sunday, it seems like a good Sabbath day activity. 
Grace got to see some of her friends today, the band kids had to come clean out their lockers and turn in instruments and whatnot.  They all had on gloves and masks but were happily talking outside and catching up.

Are these the cutest little two year old twin feet ever or what? I sent the girls some summer flip flops. I miss those little grandbabies dreadfully.  I'm not even sure when we will see them next.  I will see Penny and Tatum! They are flying here in June🤞and we will have a fun two weeks together.  I hope some of the fun plans I have made will be available.  Marshall and the babies I won't see until who knows when :(  ...unless I talk Rob into a summer trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment