Friday, July 10, 2020

No title

 Cora enjoying herself at Reggie’s splash pad party. Yesterday all the little cousins, who were in Utah, gathered for a party. I heard they had a great time but someone stole Ruby and Cora’s clothes? Seems odd. They went home in their swimsuits.
I wish we were there for it. I always hate leaving the family but this time was especially hard. There is a lot going on with Michael and JaNee and I wish I was there to help. Andrea and Yoho and Dani and Greg have been over at the house helping. Also Em and Jose. I feel bad that those 3 young couples have to bear the brunt of all the helping. They are totally up to the task and are doing awesome. That doesn’t stop me from wishing I could help too.

Also I wish wish wish I was there with Val. It’s been hard and awful and I expect it to stay that way for a long time. Not forever, someday it will get easier. I know it’ll never be gone but it will be less intensely awful. All I can do is talk to her on the phone every day. That helps but it’s not enough. 

I always wish to be with the grands. 


Being home involves a lot of waiting. Waiting to see how and when the schools will reopen. There is a resurgence of Covid cases with Florida in the top 10% of state fatalities. When will it be done? When will we go back to church and school and life like normal?

Waiting for Ethan’s appointment and mission call. Every step along the way has been frustratingly slow. It’s especially hard when you are trying to do the right thing and it still doesn’t go smoothly. He will finally meet with the stake president on the 22nd. (The day I fly to CA to meet Ezra who we are also waiting for). It doesn’t help that the stake president, who was supposed to be released in March and who moved to AZ in March, is only able to be in town once a month.

So what else? Grace had Katie W. over yesterday and the girls had a great time getting ready for band camp (that we aren’t sure will happen). Rob’s been fishing and to the shooting range and to work. Ethan’s played basketball and watercolored and practiced the piano.

I have been quilting and reading and cleaning.

The world has been imploding with an out of control presidential election, BLM, police defunding, people out of work, people dying, people confused and sad and alone, lives on hold, and still no anti bacterial wipes to be bought at the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment