Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Summer storms

 We’ve been having rainy afternoons here in Florida. We also had some testing storms. The kids got their AP test scores back. Grace got a 4, which was a shock and sadness to her. She couldn’t believe it. Ethan got 2-5’s, 2-4’s, 2-3’s, and 1-2. This was completely shocking to us all. He has only scored 5’s in the previous years. I really attribute this to Covid, being out of school for months, preparing at home and having an adjusted format for testing. No assurances from me made it any better.

 Grace has sectionals this week. It is very different than last year. The kids are in pods and can only practice in these small groups. Lu is still enjoying it and got assigned first part this year, which she has been working toward and hoping for. I am a volunteer for the evening session 4-8:30. By volunteer I mean I am one of the few parents who can help since I am also a school employee. Grace goes in the morning. It’s fine, I’m happy to help because I know it’s so important to Grace and the other band kids. I am impressed with how hard these kids work and also how amazing the section leaders are at leading and teaching their groups.  We don’t know what band will look like in the fall. Will there be football games? Will there be competitions? Some things have already been cancelled. They are hopeful, and worried that more things will cancel at the same time.
Andrea is still in Utah. Yesterday they all went to the reservoir and had a fun day! Ruby and Cora even liked the water!!

Baby Ezra is doing well. He is cute as can be and is eating and sleeping and pooping. Sawyer is being a great support to Hannah and Hannah is doing well, having all the normal worries and stresses of new motherhood. Tami is awesome, Sawyer is awesome. I am a looking forward to going to help next week and all in all she’s great. Being a new mom is hard, especially a first time new mom.
Noah 7, Reggie 10, Penny (almost 8) and Marshall 5

I miss being in Utah. When Grace graduates I might have to spend 4-5 weeks there each summer. Yes 



Today Andrea took Dani’s kids on an adventure so she could study. Dani is being such a great student. Also how nice is Ange to take the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment