Sunday, July 5, 2020

Random


We are at the airport waiting to fly home. I’ve been here for 2 weeks and I love the time spent with family and am grateful we could come. I wish we lived here so I could be with them often and not be traveling. I hate the flights and it’s hard to be gone.  Anyway I wish we at least lived close enough to drive in one day. That would be awesome. That’s what I miss about CA.

Our visit was a good one. It was good to be with Val during this awful time. I hope
I was some comfort and help to her. Even though she was profoundly and deeply grieved I still loved being together and we did do some nice things. Putting together her new library was fun and it looks awesome. Going to visit Tanner at the cemetery was really nice actually. Just sitting and talking was good too.

I really enjoyed spending time with my youngest sisters. Andrea and Emily are a lot younger than I am and for a long time felt kind of niece like. Now we are all moms and married and even though my grandchildren are the ages of their children it feels like sisters/friends. I admire their many strengths and talents and am so grateful for them. It was fun to spend more time together than we normally get to. Anna of course was here and left earlier than I did. I love that girl and her boys. 

Spending time with my children and grands is the best. I love being there to see with my own eyes that Marshall is a little bit of a punk! Also that he is smart and sweet and funny. Tatum is so grown up. She’ll be a YW in January and is responsible and beautiful and so fun to talk to. Penny is a light. She’s a social butterfly, very stylish and happy. Cora is afraid of fireworks, and dinosaurs and lots of stuff but she is such a talker and is so cute! Ruby is a little braver and is a climber and a chatterbox and of course equally cute! I love their little voices and their excited smiles. 

These girls and grandparents said good bye to Bub. It’s likely the last time they’ll see him until after his mission and they held on tight. He was also sad to go and said he wished we could stay another week. Sadly there are jobs, and chores, and dogs and appointments to get back to. I am excited to see Grace. I’ve missed her cute self. She celebrated Lincoln’s first birthday yesterday. Crazy dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment