Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Last day of March

No Drama Llama, Yahtzee, Phase 10
We play and keep each other company.

We spend more time sitting outside than we have ever, ever in our lives done before. Well not really, when the kids were little and we spent our whole days out by the pool with the kids swimming and having friends over (those happy golden days of being with other people and doing fun things) we spent a lot of time outside.  Now I just sit there.  Reading, looking at the trees, talking on the phone, sitting side by side with Sierra and sometimes Bub.

One perk is I have time for midnight movies.  Last night I was taking Ziva out around 11:30 and Ethan was up and asked me if I wanted to watch Robin Hood with him.  I thought about it for about 2 seconds and realized why not? If I'm tired tomorrow I'll just take a nap.  Also I haven't really been sleeping great.  So we watched the Kevin Costner version, which he hadn't seen, and it was fun to see.  I still woke up "on time" whatever that means.  We don't get up at 5:15am any more (hallelujah!).  I usually wake up before 8, and I still did.  I also did take an hour long nap.  I put on waves on the TV, with the sweet sound of the surf, and I closed our door and me and Z snoozed.

So I worked for a few hours.  Then we had lunch together.  Rob went in to work.  Yesterday he worked from home.  I am grateful that he has a job.  We have friends who aren't working now and that is awful.  Besides the world ending to have no money coming in is even more terrible. 

We aren't used to being home all the time.  We aren't used to all this stress and worry.

Bad things
My sisters are upset about the whole donor situation.  Of course. So that is hard. 
I have lots of friends in bad situations, with bad health (like they are dying or their kids are OR regular bad health)  Friends who are unemployed, depressed, scared.
We are bored and feeling upset and uncertain.
We are grumpy and sometimes short with each other. 
We wonder what is coming next.
We are far from family and that is bad always but especially now.

Good things
FaceTime (thank goodness for that)
we have food and toilet paper and all that we need
In the morning when I walk the dogs I see birds and I enjoy the smell and the crunch of the pine needles by the dog park.
We are all healthy
Conference is coming up
We can pray and read and find peace
We can go out and get dinner if we want.
The kids are able to learn at home and keep in touch with friends online.
Our family is in good health.
It's not snowing here.
Our pool area is nice and pleasant to sit in.
(I am virtually shopping for some nice furniture for back there and I enjoy looking at the stuff even if I never push purchase)
We have books and projects to do.
Today is Tuesday which means new NCIS day.
Tomorrow is new Survivor day and new Seal Team day
I like the smell of our hand soap.
I think Disney will open again....will it?  Lets go with yes.
Our clothes and dishes are clean.
We have hot water.
People put fun and creative things on line to share and pass the time.
Summer is coming....


No comments:

Post a Comment