Thursday, March 12, 2020

There’s that then

Well, the world is officially upside down and sideways. Disney is closed. The MTC and MBA and MLB and schools, churches, and so on and so forth are closed or closing. We will not have church OR any gatherings for at least two weeks. It feels so ominous and strange. Truth is I am not particularly worried about getting the virus and dying from it but the disruption to our lives and finances and routines is crazy.
People are also panicking and buying the shelves out.
I cancelled my flights to Utah, which I am simultaneously so so sad and a little relieved about. I wanted to go and spend time with the kids and grands and SIL’s and mom and dad and all the family but I was beginning to feel stressed about leaving Grace and Ethan here. I am still their full time
Mom even if they are almost grown.

So we will enjoy quiet time at home, I have some projects to work on.  Some TV to watch, some books to finally get to. We will probably go to the beach. We will pray and study and worship as a family. We will FaceTime. We will walk the dogs and Ethan will play ball. Grace has a couple parties to go to that aren’t cancelled yet and as she has spent 12 hours a day with these kids for the last 9 months I don’t suppose it will hurt anything to keep on. This week alone they have had 4+ hours each day after the regular 7 school day hours together for leadership camp.

I guess we will see. Last week I would never have thought that this week would unfold the way it has so no telling what tomorrow will bring.

Nana and Abba are slowly making their way state side. I hope they have safe, smooth and healthy travels and that we can put our minds at ease over their travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment