Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Never ending spring break

 It feels like forever even though it’s only been a few days. I think it’s because of the uncertainty, the regular updates of doom and gloom, and the lack of stuff to do.

We were out of printer ink so Grace, Sierra and I went to Staples. We were the only shoppers. Most of the stores were closed so we walked around and window shopped. Crazy!

Utah had an earthquake. There was some damage. Val said several gas stations were closed because of breaks in the gas lines. The airport is also closed. The air traffic control tower has been damaged and there are water leaks in the terminals. I would have been flying tomorrow so it’s good that I didn’t go. Word is that Pres. Trump is going to close down all domestic flights on Friday.

I wanted to do something to serve in my calling. I made little “Wednesday night activity kits” and dropped them off to the girls (keeping a safe distance of course). I wasn’t able to see everyone; a couple weren’t home and a few are out of town. I did see 10 girls. They were all happy to get a treat. I wrote them a letter sharing optimism for the future. I also shared a link to a talk by Noelle Pinkus Pace about making a bucket list to help you achieve your goals and to become who you really want to be. They got a piece of colored card stock to write their own bucket list on, a bag of jelly beans and chocolates, and a tiny fun sized play dough for stress relief. As I visited with the moms and dads who were also home we each expressed our concerns for the economy, for the health of our parents, for schools closing and how to take care of our children in an uncertain world.

What will tomorrow bring?
No one knows but God. And he’s in charge so we need to trust him and know that all things are for our good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment