Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Someone’s missing

 

It’s been two years. Two long and hard years. In every family picture, every event big or small, every breath and heartbeat and moment of every day someone is missing. 
I imagine that no matter how happy you are, how much fun you are having, how miraculous a moment is there is always the missing. 
Val and her whole family are amazing, and brave, and with the grace of God they are living and smiling and doing; and grieving and crying and missing. 

I can’t imagine how awful and hard it really is. 
I miss him too and think about him every day and I’m just his aunt and I’ve never been there for the day to day, so the magnitude of the grief they carry is beyond me. 

I am so grateful that it is not beyond Jesus Christ. That he has felt all the pain and sorrow and has risen above it. I am grateful that we can rise too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment