Thursday, March 24, 2022

sick

Poor baby Darcy is sick. She's only two months old and she has her first stuffy nose, can't breathe, illness.  Sick babies are the saddest. Also her hair is looking lighter to me!  I love getting pictures from the kids, these two with Marshall holding his little cousin and comforting her are so sweet.

Grace and I got our covid boosters on Tuesday.  When we got the first two neither of us had any adverse affects.  I expected the same thing but we both got sick. I was achy and my eyes felt hot and I had a headache all day.  Grace was worse.  When we came home(from school and work) we both went to bed.  Grace asked for dinner, so I got up and made it...then she didn't want to eat it.  I guess it was good though because there was dinner for Rob when he got home.  

Grace felt bad enough that she called Scott's dad (a doctor) and asked him for help (she's a good self advocate). He called in an anti nausea med for her since she'd been throwing up so then I went to Publix to pick it up.  Then I got to be her service dog and lay on her legs for awhile.  Poor Grace was crying and feeling terrible.  I felt poorly but not as bad as her so I was able to help and finally everything settled down and I went to bed for real. " Mom sick" is different than other people sick.  

side note: I didn't even want to get the shot but maybe it helps? and maybe it will be required? Lame.

 The last long while work has been challenging for Rob. I think the fighter plane to missiles switch has come with more challenges than he anticipated. Earlier this week Rob interviewed for a job at Pax.  We won't know for a couple of weeks if he gets an offer or not. There has been a lot of uncertainty for him at work with projects he's working on, and funding, and work awards.  This is super stressful for him, and he is also very proactive about making sure he has longevity in his career path.  From the outside it seems like this is the way defense work always is.  There are always bids for new projects, there is always R&D going on some of which results in contracts and some that doesn't, there is always a political element and there are always difficult bosses, difficult problems, and new challenges. From the outside though I can't really know what's going on.  I try to be supportive.  I try to be encouraging.  If he asks what I think I tell him to work hard and do his best and things will work out (which is my opinion) So right now there are three paths in front of him and he's weighing the options, seeing what happens, trying to be prepared for all of them. 

None of those options result in us living in a house in Spanish Fork (sadly).....  so it's not that I don't care, I do, but it's mostly on Rob's shoulders to make a decision.  I want Rob to be happy.  And I want him to pay the bills.  We have always moved where the work took us and we always will but I will say that I am tired of moving & I like living in a place and knowing people and having a history.  And an added complication this year is Grace is going to be a senior.  We have moved 3 kids before their junior year and that was tough.  Before the senior year seems even more brutal & Grace is the most stubborn of our children, and she's the baby so....

1 comment:

  1. Well, it would be so exciting if you came back to Maryland but I would be sad for you to leave Florida and all your Disney fun and that would be challenging for Grace. My parents moved to Idaho from NY the summer before my senior year but luckily I convinced them to let me stay behind and my sister who had just graduated college came to live with me in our house. It was tough to be separated from them but I'm so grateful I got to finish my senior year and that is when I started dating Josh!

    ReplyDelete