Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Sigh

 

Every morning I start my day with a wordle puzzle. So far I’ve solved it but sometimes it’s close and todays word I hadn’t  heard of so… 

The word was rupee BTW.

I took a half day off of work to go to the dentist. The morning was rough though. Some days the kids shock me with how little they know. Yesterday we had a good day and I felt like the kids learned stuff. Louise and I met up on the sidewalk as we walked to the bus loop and she sigh “that was the worst day ever! What is wrong with these kids!?” To which I replied “oh we had a pretty good day”. Today I walked into the lunch room and said “in the middle of class I had to tell the kids to work on their own…because obviously they didn’t need my help”  This was met with “no miss!!” But even when they tried our assignment was beyond them. 

Sometimes we try not to just complain to each other during lunch but this announcement set off a litany of “I know!”s And one upmanship of stories, of which no one had a shortage.  Unless you have walked a mile in our shoes you have no idea what these post Covid classrooms are like!

Luckily we did fit in some Zelensky admiration and fun fact sharing to end our 25 min. lunch with. I hope he wins, doesn’t die, and defends freedom. What a mess the world is.

So my mouth has been hurting. All the time. Which is why I went to the dentist. 2 hours and some uncomfortable drilling later she thinks she fixed it but we won’t really know for a few days. 


When I got home Grace told me we couldn’t go to MK because she had homework??? What?!

So I had a choice. Go by myself, which I don’t mind but it is more fun with a friend or….

No regrets. 

I was a little sad to have been at the dentist, a lot tired from not sleeping well the last few weeks (because of my mouth hurting) and because it was Monday and we stay up late to talk to Ethan. I was also a little sad because our connection was really bad last night so we didn’t really get to talk to him that much, and a little sad because (and I will only say this once in my life) I’m a tiny bit disappointed for him not being in Spain. I am a lot sad for the rumblings of WW3 that we hear across the pond, medium sad for my homeless brother and my sweet sister who is going through a divorce, and that Tanner’s dead, and Sierra is dealing with the affects of the accident, and that Grace has chronic pain, and I live far from my grands and adult kids, and maybe most of all that everyone I know (literally everyone) is struggling and sad and worried and going through things that are hard. (They can also be doing great, and handling things, and full of faith and finding joy but all that strength and goodness doesn’t make the hard and sad go away)

So I choose the nap and that was a good choice! Now I’m going to make spaghetti for dinner and maybe R and I will watch a movie tonight.

And tomorrow is a new day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment