Wednesday, March 9, 2022

testing day

 I love testing day at school. It is so quiet.  Our procedure is the students come in and I take roll and then they start.  I am lucky because my accommodated students all get pulled out for testing and that means literally all I have to do is monitor them.  I sit and grade papers, blog, lesson plan, browse the web and they test.  The tests are online so the grading is done for me.  All I have to do is retrieve the grades after and put them into skyward.  I also look at the data after to see what we need to work on.  

Today's testing day is particularly convenient because tomorrow I have a formal observation so I can prepare.

On the way to work I listened to a devotional that I loved.  Megan Jones from the BYU drama department spoke and she was inspiring, interesting, and relevant.  I am going to adapt some of her presentation for a writing assignment here in 6th grade ELA.  

World news: (just in case Ruby and Cora's grandchildren care one day)

Gas is over $4 a gallon now :( Super sad about that. 

The war between Russia and the Ukraine continues.  The world (mostly) is rooting for the Ukraine and I personally love their good president and am so impressed with the scrappy fortitude of their people.  Go Ukraine!  We (the US) are helping in indirect ways, which I am glad about.  I get, and agree, that we want to avoid WW3 at all costs therefore maybe we can't really go in to help directly.  Fingers crossed and prayers being said that the Ukraine continues to fight hard, and that they win.  Also on a side note I hope in our next presidential election, which is not for a few long years, we take a note from our neighbors to the east and  put up some candidates that are not embarrassing.

Back to personal news:

Spring break count down is on.  3 more working days for me!! 2 for the students. (counting today).  We have a couple Disney park reservations, Grace has a clarinet beach day planned, I have 3 books I want to read, and we have the missionaries coming over for St Patrick's day dinner. We have BBQ club, a date night, Netflix, and free time to talk on the phone to look forward to.   I also have a dentist appointment. Sadly Rob has a trip to CA but he will be here for most of the days so that'll be fun.  Also he gets to see Ez and Hannah and Sawyer on his trip, which is even more fun than Netflix & Disney.

We have a  little over a month left until Sierra and Chris' wedding.  I am looking forward to that happy day, to seeing all our family, to celebrating the fact that they are alive and in love. Their wedding is a year to the day of their accident.  I often reflect on the events of that day and the tremendous, tangible, miracles we witnessed.

Tonight for YW we are making wish bracelets.  Lily, who is a good friend of Grace and Lettie and Madison, has been coming to our activities recently and she loves to come.  She is sad because Grace, Lettie and Madison have band leadership camp this week after school and she doesn't want to come by herself (she's not a member). I told Grace to tell her to come, that she was welcome and we want her to. Hopefully she will. 

Also tonight we are planning our fundraiser for camp.  Fundraising is my least favorite activity in the world.  This year girls camp is on the ward level and that always costs more.  


Cute little Darcy is almost 2 months old!!



No comments:

Post a Comment